Realizing that I've recommended a lot of books lately. I thought I'd list them here for others to benefit. I'm not saying I've read them all and these are the best, but these are the ones I've read and found useful.
- If you are getting started as a manager: The One Minute Manager by Kenneth H. Blanchard
- If you want to be more strategic: The Art of War: Complete Texts and Commentaries
- If you have to make a big change to your organization (shutting down a project or getting everyone onto a new platform): Managing Transitions: Making the Most of Change by William Bridges
Layout and web design:
- The basics of design, so you can make posters, webpages, and just about anything look more professional: The Non-Designer's Design Book by Robin Williams
- Website usability: Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability by Steve Krug