Other websites from the authors:
- TomOnTime.com -- Tom's Time Management videos.
- OpsReportCard.com -- Assess your team.
- T-Shirts and mugs with our bookcovers!
- Our mailing lists
Q&A websites we like:
- ServerFault.com -- Sysadmin.
- StackOverflow.com -- Software development.
- SuperUsers.com -- Power Users.
Organizations we recommend:
Books we like:
- UNIX System Administration Handbook (3rd Edition) -- A must for any sysadmin's library! Recommended by Tom.
- Programming Perl (3rd Edition) -- How can anyone live without Perl? I use it on both UNIX/Linux and Windows. Recommended by Christine.
Design & Web Design:
- The Non-Designer's Design Book by Robin Williams -- The best book that explains how to design layouts that look good. Recommended by Tom.
- The Non-Designer's Web Book by Robin Williams -- I found this book really helped me understand how to design web sites better. Recommended by Tom.
- The Non-Designer's Type Book by Robin Williams -- As you can tell, I'm a fan of her writing. If you read the first two, why not complete the trilogy? Recommended by Tom.
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability by Steve Krug -- How to design web sites that are usable. Recommended by Tom.
Finance & Self-Help:
- Financial Self Defense: How to Win the Fight for Financial Freedom by Charles J. Givens -- Good advice about getting out of debt, buying cars, and saving on auto-insurance! Recommended by Tom.
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns -- Depressed? This book is recommended in Chapter 27. Recommended by Tom.
- The Feeling Good Handbook by David D. Burns -- This is the workbook that teaches the principles in Feeling Good through exercises. Recommended by Tom.