Today's Apple announcement (switching to Intel chips) is a big shock, but it is only a distraction from the embarrassing announcement they made today that are much more important to enterprise customers that are being robbed by Apple's unethical OS pricing practices. Luckily, I didn't get suckered this time.
Best of Blog
- Have you downloaded the March/April issue of acmqueue yet?
- Server Hardware Support Rant
- CU-Boulder remembers Evi Nemeth, April 26, 2016
- Easily read UTF16-encoded files from Go
- Next on LISA Conversations: kc claffy on "Named Data Networking"
- LISA Conversations Episode 8: Caskey Dickson on "Why Your Manager LOVES Technical Debt and What to Do About It"
- Velocity Santa Clara early price ends May 12
- SRE is what DevOps wants to be when it grows up
- Take the 2016 State of DevOps Survey
- "How SysAdmins Devalue Themselves" now in CACM