What is LOPSA PICC? http://picconf.org
- Presentations, education, and fun.
- IT and syadmin (Linux/Unix, Windows, Networking & storage).
- 2 days, 1 night, conference.
- Low price/high value. Community-based, non-profit.
- April 29-30, 2011 @ Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Where else can you find a regional conference with national speakers, hot topics that will help you advance your career, all meals included, and not have to travel 3,000 miles to get there?
Find out more and register: http://www.picconf.org
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/picconf
- Facebook: http://picconf.org/facebook
- Email: http://lists.picconf.org/mailman/listinfo/picc11-announce
HALF-DAY TRAINING SESSIONS:
- "PowerShell Fundamentals", Steven Murawski
- "Grokking Python", Brian K. Jones
- "Over the Edge System Administration, Volume 1", David N. Blank-Edelman
- "Internal documentation for SysAdmins", Chris St' Pierre
- "Windows Enterprise Security", Troy Mckee
- "Advanced Time Management: Team Efficiency", Thomas A. Limoncelli
- "Security Best Practices and Tools for Linux", Matt Disney
- "Workplace Presentations 101 for IT Professionals", Adam Moskowitz
- "Backups, Archiving, and Life Cycle Management: Riding the Wave of Data Proliferation", Jacob Farmer
- "Using and Migrating to IPv6", Robert Harker
- "Blitzkrieg Branding", Jesse Trucks
- "Non-Obvious Nagios", John Sellens
45-MINUTE TALKS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Effectively Monitoring MySQL
- The Path to Senior SysAdmin
- Change Management and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Using http Response Time Histories to Detect Problems
- Leadership and Troubleshooting from the Trenches
- Stack Overflow Infrastructure
- Leveraging an Enormous Technology Community
- Thoughts on a University-level Major in System Administration
- Continuous Integration via Hudson
- Lightning Talks
PLUS all attendees receive:
- a 12-month LOPSA membership/renewal
- a licence for PDQ Deploy Pro from Admin Arsenal(a $1000 value)
- the awesome conference bag
FUN STUFF TOO: - Friday night banquet and movie festival! - All meals! (Friday lunch only for people attending training classes)
- $324 without half-day tutorials (all meals except Friday lunch)
- $524 with half-day tutorials and all meals ($449 until April 2! Register now!)