A program I wrote that worked for quite some time started failing. It turns out someone tried to use it to process a file with text encoded as UTF16. The file came from a Windows system and, considering things like UoW, this situation is just going to start happening more frequently.
Golang has a great package for dealing with various UTF encodings. That said, it still took me a few hours to figure out how to make an equivalent of
ioutil.ReadFile(). I wrapped up what I learned and made it into a module. Everything should just work like magic.
- Instead of using
- Instead of
The module is available on Github: https://github.com/TomOnTime/utfutil