I'll be teaching my "Evil Genius 101" half-day class at LOPSA-East
You want to innovate: deploy new technologies such as configuration management (CfEngine, Puppet, etc.), set up a wiki, or standardized configurations. Your coworkers don't want change. They like it the way things are. Therefore, they consider you evil. However you aren't evil, you just want to make things better.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Help your coworkers understand and agree to your awesome ideas
- Convince your manager about anything. Really
- Turn the most stubborn user into your biggest fan
- Get others to trust you so they are more easily convinced
- Deciding which projects to do when you have more projects than time
- Make decisions based on data and evidence
- Drive improvements based on a methodology and planning instead of guessing and luck
LOPSA-East is a regional sysadmin conference in New Brunswick NJ, May 2-3, 2014. More info here: http://lopsa-east.org
This class also talks about the best DevOps techniques that you can steal for your organization.
The first half is spent analyzing your organization and helps you do some "soul searching" to figure out which projects are most in need of your Evil Plans.
P.S. I'll also be teaching my "Intro to Time Management for System Administrators" half-day class, which gives you the tools to better manage your time, and avoid the interruptions and distractions that keep you from getting work done.