I'm so proud of my coworker Thomas Bushnell giving an amazing talk at LinuxCon, the Linux Foundation's annual North American technical conference. For the first time Google revealed details about how Google manages thousands of Linux desktops. We start with Ubuntu LTS, add a packages that secure it and let us manage it better, and ta-da!
- Nov 7-9, 2016: DevOps Enterprise Summit 2016, San Francisco, CA
- Dec 4-9, 2016: Usenix LISA '16, Boston, MA
- Dec 6, 2016: Usenix SESA '16 (Summit for Educators in System Admin), Boston, MA
« Android Calendar without Google calendar | All | Back To School Sale: "Time Management for Sysadmins" for 50% off! »
Google reveals Goobuntu!
Aug. 30 2012
TrackBack URL: http://everythingsysadmin.com/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/1476
Best of Blog
- Solaris being canned.
- TPOSANA on Amazon Lightning Deals today only!
- Stealing the Best Ideas from DevOps
- Do you teach System Administration?
- Pre-Order Kindle edition of 3rd edition of TPOSANA
- Searching random data is not an O(N) problem.
- Usenix LISA '16 Early Bird Registration Deadline is November 10!
- Watch my Punk Rock DevOps talk live on Friday at 2:30pm PT
- DevOps Handbook hitting stores Oct 6!
- Why Google should buy Twitter