Looking at the Usenix LISA 2011 conference program I'm proud that we have the three major configuration management systems covered: CFEngine3, Chef and Puppet:
- "Puppet" with Nan Liu
- "Configuration Management Solutions with CFEngine 3" with Mark Burgess
- "3 Myths and 3 Challenges to Bring System Administration out of the Dark Ages" with Mark Burgess (CFEngine Inc)
- "Building IronMan, Not Programming" with Luke Kanies, Founder, Puppet and Puppet Labs
- "Converting the Ad-Hoc Configuration of a Heterogeneous Environment to a CFM, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Chef" with Dimitri Aivaliotis
- "Choose Your Own Adventure" with Adam Jacob
- "Getting to Elastic: Adapting a Legacy Vertical Application Environment for Scalability" with Eric Shamow (Puppet Labs)
The Guru is In: (Q&A sessions)
- "Chef" with Aaron Peterson
- Fine-grained Access-control for the Puppet Configuration Language Bart Vanbrabant, Joris Peeraer, and Wouter Joosen, DistriNet, K.U. Leuven
Pretty awesome, eh?
Usenix LISA 2011 is Dec 4-9 in Boston. You can register any time, but you get a discount if you register by Nov 14. I look forward to seeing you there!