If you are coming to Usenix LISA, why not come a day early and go to CHIMIT? CHIMIT is for people that study system administrators (how they work, how they communicate, how to make tools better for them) but they can't exist without sysadmins also attending their conference!
Call For Papers: 5th ACM Symposium on Computer Human Interaction for Management of IT
December 4-5, 2011 - Boston, MA
Information Technology (IT) is central to modern life. We are surrounded by software and hardware systems that support our work and personal lives. The size and complexity of modern infrastructures is increasing rapidly; and we are now at a turning point where we need new approaches to IT system design,management, and services. Clearly, successful systems management involves a complex blend of technical and human issues.
Since 2007, the ACM CHIMIT symposium has provided a unique opportunity for researchers, in fields such as human-computer interaction, human factors, and management and service sciences, and for practitioners in the management of large IT systems to meet, share, and explore new approaches to IT management.
The symposium program will include one day of technical presentations and papers followed by a one-day workshop in conjunction with the LISA 2011 conference, which will provide an opportunity for in-depth discussions with highly experienced system administrators.
Submission topics include, but are not limited to:
- User studies of IT infrastructure management
- Design of human-centered IT systems
- Experience reports by IT practitioners and researchers
- Case studies on specific aspects of IT management
- Experimental studies on the usage of new or existing IT systems
- Tools and techniques incl. system visualizations, collaborative interfaces
- Automation approaches to reduce administration workload
- Collaboration within an organization, community of practice
- Organizational knowledge - knowledge management for IT
- Processes and practices - best practices and processes in IT management
- IT beyond the enterprise - at home, on the road, etc.
- New technologies - incl. cloud computing, mobile devices
CHIMIT is sponsored by ACM SIGCHI in cooperation with USENIX.
See chimit.acm.org for more information.