On behalf of the LISA 2010 organizing committee, I'd like to invite you to join us for a career-building adventure in San Jose, CA, at the 24th Large Installation System Administration Conference, November 7-12, 2010:
For over 20 years, the Large Installation System Administration Conference (LISA) has been the must-attend system administration conference. It offers an unparalleled opportunity to meet and mingle with the leaders of the system administration industry.
Take advantage of 6 days of training that offer face-to-face time with expert instructors, including:
- David N. Blank-Edelman on Over the Edge System Administration
- Patrick Ben Koetter and Ralf Hildebrandt on Dovecot and Postfix Administration
- Tom Limoncelli on Time Management for Sysadmins and for Teams
We're again offering series of classes focusing on some of the most important topics you'll encounter including:
- The Virtualization Series, offering both new and repeat classesthat provide the latest virtualization information by instructors such as John Arrasjid and Richard McDougall
- New! The Linux Security and Administration Series, featuring in-depth Linux training by experts including Ted Ts'o and Rik Farrow
- New! The Super Sysadmin Series, showcasing techniques for time and project management, raising your visibility, and other key skills to take your career to the next level by expert instructors including Tom Limoncelli and Strata Rose Chalup.
The full training program can be found at http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/training/
In addition to the training, 3 days of technical sessions include top-notch refereed papers, Practice and Experience Reports, informative invited talks, expert Guru Is In sessions, and a poster session.
Over a dozen invited talks feature our most impressive slate of speakers to date. They include:
- Keynote Address: "The LHC Computing Challenge: Preparation, Reality and Future Outlook," by Tony Cass, CERN
- Closing Session: "Look! Up in the Sky! It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a Sysadmin!," by David N. Blank-Edelman, Northeastern University CCIS
- "10,000,000,000 Files Available Anywhere: NFS at Dreamworks," by Sean Kamath and Mike Cutler, PDI/Dreamworks
- "Operations at Twitter: Scaling Beyond 100 Million Users," by John Adams, Twitter
LISA is the leading forum for presenting new research in system administration. This year's top-tier research showcases work covering key topics such as configuration tools and firewall analysis.
The Practice and Experience Reports provide real-world examples from a variety of topics, including implementing IPv6, configuration management for Mac OS X, and more.
Bring your questions to the experts in the Guru Is In sessions to unravel your greatest technical mysteries.
Explore the latest commercial innovations at the Vendor Exhibition.
Benefit from opportunities for peer interaction (a.k.a. the "Hallway Track").
Plus: workshops, posters, BoFs, and more
Discounts are available!
Help us promote!
For complete program information and to register, see http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/proga
Early registration discounts are now available. Register by Monday, October 18, and save up to $300!
We're pleased to bring LISA to San Jose, CA, and we look forward to seeing you there.
LISA '10: 24th Large Installation System Administration Conference http://www.usenix.org/lisa10/proga November 7-12, 2010, San Jose, CA Early Bird Registration Deadline: October 18, 2010