At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Augeas: Updating of config files without ruining comments and formatting.
- Future directions for Blackbox
- Preview a chapter of our new book in acmqueue magazine!
- 10 git aliases I can't believe you don't have already
- I am Satoshi Nakamoto, inventor of Bitcoin
- Have you downloaded the March/April issue of acmqueue yet?
- Server Hardware Support Rant
- CU-Boulder remembers Evi Nemeth, April 26, 2016
- Easily read UTF16-encoded files from Go
- Next on LISA Conversations: kc claffy on "Named Data Networking"