At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- 2015 speaking gigs: Boston, Pennsylvania, Baltimore
- Apple Pay and CurrentC
- Wait, did you mean Wed the 15th or Thu the 16th?
- How to make change when handed a $20... and help democracy
- Katherine Daniels (@beerops) interviews Tom Limoncelli
- See you tomorrow evening at the Denver DevOps Meetup!
- Usenix LISA early registration discount expires soon!
- Results of the PuppetConf 2014 Raffle
- Tutorial: Evil Genius 101
- Come hear me speak in Denver next week!