At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Book Excerpt: Organizing Strategy for Operational Teams
- 20th anniversary of "the big Synopsys downtime"
- TPOCSA is the "eBook Deal of the Day"
- Introducing Bosun, our new open source monitoring & alerting system
- Arrested Devops Episode 23 with Tom Limoncelli
- Book Signing at Usenix LISA next week
- 2015 speaking gigs: Boston, Pennsylvania, Baltimore
- Apple Pay and CurrentC
- Wait, did you mean Wed the 15th or Thu the 16th?
- How to make change when handed a $20... and help democracy