At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
See us live(rss)
- Tom @ LOPSA NJ Chapter Monthly Meeting, Princeton NJ, Sept 4, 2014
I'll be the speaker at the LOPSA-NJ...
- Tom @ Velocity NYC, Sept 15-17, 2014
I'll be giving a tutorial called "Time...
- Tom @ SpiceWorld, Austin, TX, Sept 23-24, 2014
I'll be giving a talk about time...
Best of Blog
- Maybe the problem was...
- Simple bucket-ized stats in awk
- New DevOps meetup starting in New Jersey!
- Online course: An Introduction to Operations Management starting soon
- Honest Life Hacks
- System Administrator Appreciation Day Spotlight: SuperUser.com
- System Administrator Appreciation Day Spotlight: ServerFault.com
- I'm a system administrator one day a year.
- 50% off Time Management for System Administrators
- Special deal for Sysadmin Appreciation Day