At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Why I don't care that Dell installs Rogue Certificates On Laptops
- We forget how big "big" is
- What JJ Abrams just revealed about Star Wars
- Christine's keynote at OpsCon Milano 2015
- Book Signing at LISA '15
- Automation Should Be Like Iron Man, Not Ultron
- Outsourcing makes sense if you think "software" is a fad
- When explaining to beginners, use simple examples.
- Watch LISA Conversations Episode 4: Sabrina Farmer!
- Watch us live today: LISA Conversations Episode 4: Sabrina Farmer