At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Hiring a network engineer for SRE team (NYC only)
- Balitmore area folks: Come see me this Wednesday!
- Blackbox now available via "MacPorts"
- Usenix SREcon15: Now with more con!
- Just announced: I'll be speaking at the BayLISA (Sunnyvale) meeting in March.
- Bill Nye to Headline NECSS 2015
- LOPSA-NJ March meeting: Elastic Search
- New tutorial at Cascadia IT Conference, March 13, Seattle
- Bucks County DevOps Meetup this Wednesday!
- 17 minute documentary about Grace Hopper