At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
See us live(rss)
- Tom @ SpiceWorld, Austin, TX, Oct 29-30, 2013
Tom will be the Tuesday evening Keynote...
- Tom @ Usenix LISA 2013, Washington DC, Nov 3-8, 2013
Tom will be teaching 2 tutorials, doing...
Best of Blog
- Ask Slashdot: Application Security Non-existent, Boss Doesn't Care. What To Do?
- LOPSA-East 2014: Call for Participation
- Tomorrow is Giving Tuesday: Here are the organizations I support (and you should too)
- Deadline for Cascadia IT talk proposals extended to Dec 9:
- Stop monitoring whether or not your service is up!
- Evi Nemeth Update
- Summary of "Evil Genius 101" Tutorial
- How to provide infinite disk storage
- Open office hours at LISA
- "Evil Genius 101" class via livestream