At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- In NYC for Velocity?
- Brewster Rockit explains network latency.
- Safari Books Online update
- Why is TPOCSA called "Volume 2"?
- Configure Appigo Todo Cloud for use with The Cycle
- NYC Book Launch Party for "The Practice of Cloud System Administration"
- The ebook is shipping!
- Tom @ LOPSA NJ Chapter Monthly Meeting, Princeton NJ, Sept 4, 2014
- Stack Exchange is hiring sysadmins (come work with me!)
- Good Reads, Aug 2014