At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Have you downloaded the March/April issue of acmqueue yet?
- Server Hardware Support Rant
- CU-Boulder remembers Evi Nemeth, April 26, 2016
- Easily read UTF16-encoded files from Go
- Next on LISA Conversations: kc claffy on "Named Data Networking"
- LISA Conversations Episode 8: Caskey Dickson on "Why Your Manager LOVES Technical Debt and What to Do About It"
- Velocity Santa Clara early price ends May 12
- SRE is what DevOps wants to be when it grows up
- Take the 2016 State of DevOps Survey
- "How SysAdmins Devalue Themselves" now in CACM