At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
- National: Nov 8-13, 2015: Usenix LISA '15, Washington DC
Best of Blog
- The Python Time Travel Debugger
- Usenix LISA 2015 Call For Participation (3 weeks left!)
- The State of DevOps Report
- 2015 DevOps Survey
- See you tonight at LSPE (Sunnyvale, CA)
- Just announced: I'll be speaking at the LSPE (Sunnyvale) meeting on Tuesday
- Hiring a network engineer for SRE team (NYC only)
- Balitmore area folks: Come see me this Wednesday!
- Blackbox now available via "MacPorts"
- Usenix SREcon15: Now with more con!