At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
See us live(rss)
- Tom @ LOPSA-East, New Brunswick, NJ, May 2-3, 2014
I'll be teaching tutorials. I'm also on...
- Tom @ Usenix LISA 2014, Seattle WA, Nov 9-14, 2014
Tom will be teaching tutorials, doing a...
Best of Blog
- Time Management training at SpiceWorld Austin, 2014
- Interview with LOPSA-East Keynote: Vish Ishaya
- Replace Kathleen Sebelius with a sysadmin!
- LISA CFP Deadline Extended to Fri, 4/18!
- Interview with LOPSA-East Keynote: Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
- How to...
- Introducing the Python Time Travel Debugger
- LOPSA-East 2014 is one month away! Register today!
- Velocity Santa Clara best price deals end April 3rd
- Good reads, March 2014