At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Can't Make it to PuppetConf? Watch It Live!
- Interview with Tom Limoncelli on InfoQ
- Homework for the weekend: Making Push on Green a Reality
- TV Alerts
- Next LISA Conversations guest: Daniel V. Klein
- Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up
- New reviews of The Practice of Cloud System Administration
- Reorganizing a wiki or documentation system
- CfP: USENIX Container Management Summit (UCMS '15)
- CfP: USENIX Release Engineering Summit (URES '15)