At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
See us live(rss)
- Tom @ LOPSA NJ Chapter Monthly Meeting, Princeton NJ, Jan 2, 2014
CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER. More info at...
- Tom @ Cascadia IT Conf, Seattle WA, March 7-8, 2014
I'll be teaching tutorials and giving a...
- Tom @ LOPSA-East, New Brunswick, NJ, May 2-3, 2014
I'll be teaching tutorials. I'm also on...
Best of Blog
- Thanks, Cascadia IT 2014!
- LOPSA-East 2014: Full of DevOps and other great stuff!
- 10% off Cascadia IT registration
- Jumpy, nervous, jittery user interfaces reduce "user trust"
- The FreeBSD Journal: Read it even if you don't use FreeBSD
- Anti-Pattern: "The big project" that never ships
- LOPSA-East schedule published!
- Seattle: CascadiaIT'14 keynote: Æleen Frisch
- How not to use Cron
- Tool Building Versus Automation