At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
See us live(rss)
- Tom @ LOPSA NJ Chapter Monthly Meeting, Princeton NJ, Sept 4, 2014
I'll be the speaker at the LOPSA-NJ...
- Tom @ Usenix LISA 2014, Seattle WA, Nov 9-14, 2014
For details, visit the conference website https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa14....
- Tom @ Velocity NYC, Sept 15-17, 2014
I'll be giving a tutorial called "Time...
Best of Blog
- Tom speaking at LOPSA-NJ September meeting (near Princeton/Trenton)
- Save up to 55% off on our new book for a short time
- I'm giving away 1 free ticket to PuppetConf 2014!
- LISA 2014 OMG
- How sysadmins can best understand Burning Man
- Maybe the problem was...
- Simple bucket-ized stats in awk
- New DevOps meetup starting in New Jersey!
- TPOCSA Book Tour announcement!
- Online course: An Introduction to Operations Management starting soon