At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
See us live
- Tom @ LOPSA-East 2013, New Brunswick, NJ, May 3-4, 2013
Tom will be teaching 2 tutorials including...
- Tom @ SpiceWorld, Austin, TX, Oct 29-30, 2013
Tom will be speaking at SpiceWorks conference...
- Tom @ Usenix LISA 2013, Washington DC, Nov 3-8, 2013
Best of Blog
- First Google Ganeti Conference: GanetiCon 2013
- TodoPro available for Android (beta)
- I feel pain when articles get inaccurate titles
- WAN Accellerators
- Zeno's Interview Question
- "DRM-free" scares the s*** out of me
- Why Google Glass is so important
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Computing Skills Boot Camp
- Two questions for LOPSA Board Candidates
- LOPSA-East is less than a week away!