At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- How to move PCs to a corporate standard?
- ACM's new Applicative conf, Feb. 25-27, NYC!
- See you at Back Bay LISA next week!
- Fighting Spam Backscatter
- Predictions for 2015 that you can't live without!
- ALERT! Two "git" related security vunerabilities
- Book review and interview on InfoQ
- Interview by Win Treese in InformIT
- Book Excerpt: Capacity Planning
- LOPSA-NJ Meeting: Intro to Chocolatey (THURSDAY)