At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- Reminder: Do your homework for next week's LISA Conversations: Russell Pavlicek on "Unleashing the Power of the Unikernel"
- Save 20% off Velocity NYC registration!
- New appearances announced: VelocityNYC & PuppetConf!
- Next on LISA Conversations: Russell Pavlicek on "Unleashing the Power of the Unikernel"
- NYLUG: Two meetings this month! (Foreman! Unikernels!)
- LISA Conversations Episode 10: Clay Caviness and Edward Eigerman on "Managing Macs at Google Scale"
- An Honest Job Advertisement
- Augeas: Updating of config files without ruining comments and formatting.
- Future directions for Blackbox
- Preview a chapter of our new book in acmqueue magazine!