At my new job we're setting up a new set of servers for a special project. The person setting them up asked what I believed the best policy was for sharing root, and creating "group" accounts that many people would log into. I thought it was a good idea to lay out my general philosophies. I thought you all might be interested.
Best of Blog
- CfP: USENIX Container Management Summit (UCMS '15)
- CfP: USENIX Release Engineering Summit (URES '15)
- FreeBSD Journal Reviews TPOSANA
- Advice for people that teach system administration?
- Usenix LISA Conversations: Episode 2 is up!
- LISA Schedule published!
- Next week's LISA Conversations guest: Ben Rockwood
- Why are logs called logs?
- Ethical Obligations in Internet Operations - Questionnaire
- Episode 1 of LISA Conversations